Chronic Pain Treatment in El Paso
Chronic pain can definitely affect a person’s life, family, and career in adverse ways. It can include headaches, migraines, carpal tunnel syndrome, arthritis, joint pain, and a wealth of other conditions. This condition can be managed with chiropractic care. Many doctors will treat ongoing pain with medication because it can be very effective. However, pain medications can be extremely hard on the body, not to mention addictive.
Before the treatment can begin, the chiropractor will need to know the cause of the pain. He will conduct an interview, physical exam, and tests if you don’t have a diagnosis from your general practitioner. From there he will be able to create a treatment plan for your exact needs. Your plan can include several aspects that might include spinal adjustments, therapies, and prescribed exercises.
Chronic Pain Treatment Can Help the Following Conditions:
- Degenerative Disk Disease: Your chiropractor will look at your past medical history and determine areas that you may have restricted joint motion, disk injury, ligament injury, inflammation, or muscle spasms. He will try and improve the function of disks and reduce inflammation.
- Herniated Disks: Often times, patients with herniated disks fear that surgery is inevitable. However, with the help of a qualified chiropractor, that isn’t always true. The chiropractor will make a treatment plan that could include spinal adjustments, therapeutic exercises, and therapy.
- Kyphosis: Kyphosis is characterized by an abnormal roundness to the upper back. It can cause pain, stiffness, and discomfort. A chronic pain treatment plan can include therapy and adjustments. Treatments will help with inflammation, muscle spasms, and range of motion.
- Sciatica: Sciatica can cause relentless, intense pain in many people. The pain starts in the lower back or buttock and shoots down the leg. It can also cause numbness or a burning and tingling sensation. A chronic pain treatment plan might include cold therapy, spinal adjustments, nerve stimulation or ultrasound therapy.
- Spondylosis: Spondylosis is age-related wear and tear of spinal disks. It is painful and increases with age. It can include chronic pain and muscle spasms. Many doctors will prescribe medication, injections, and surgery. However, chiropractic care will include a treatment plan of adjustments and therapy.
- Whiplash: Whiplash is a painful condition that our chiropractor can treat. He will prescribe cold therapy and a neck brace along with his treatment plan.
Don’t Live With Chronic Pain Any Longer
You don’t have to live with constant pain any longer. Our chiropractor will examine your situation and build a chronic pain treatment plan that is best for you. Contact us today. We offer same day appointments!